- Impressive 8 wickets victory for Delhi Daredevils
- Terrific defeat for Kolkata Knight Riders at their home ground Eden Gardens
- Irfan Pathan of DD scored 42 off 20 balls not out, declared man of the match
- Morne Morkel and Roelof van der Merwe of DD claimed 3 wickets each
- Match reduced to 12 overs each side due to rain
Delhi Daredevils under the captaincy of Virender Sehwag put a spectacular performance during the second day match of IPL season V held at Eden Gardens, Kolkata. Due to heavy rain and wind the match was started 30 minutes behind schedule and as a result it was a ‘12-overs each side’ match. Delhi Daredevils chased the target of 98 runs set by Kolkata Knight Riders and finished the task in 11.1 overs. Irfan Pathan in partnership with Glen Maxwell finished the batting for Delhi Daredevils. Pathan was not out at 42 out of 20 balls and he made 3 sixes and two boundaries. The two opening batsmen of DD, Virendar Sehwag and Aaron Finch succeeded in laying a strong foundation. The partnership scored 49 runs off 38 balls.
Though the opening batsmen of KKR Brendon McCullum and Jacques Kallis had an aggressive beginning, the bowlers of DD dismissed both of them at a very early stage. McCullum fell lbw off Merwe in the second over. Morne Morkel of DD, the pacer from South Africa bowled out Jacques Kallis and Manoj Tiwary of KKR off two adjoining balls. Captain of KKR, Gautam Gambhir scored 16 runs off 15 balls and made out by Morne Morkel again. The 23-runs partnership among Gambhir and Debabrata Das enabled KKR to achieve a fighting total.